Social Media Post Addition: How to improve your Self-Talk in Golf
Strenght Training for your Golf brain
Successfull Golfer have developed not only a sound technique, but they have also worked intensively on how the do self-talk to maintain confidence and grit.
Self-Talk is always there, but the important thing is that they are positive. Here a few ideas with which you can start:
– before every shot visualise a good result and how it makes you feel good
– 10 balls, play 10 different shots, have 10 tees in your left pocket. With every negative thought/comment move one tee to the right pocket. Can you keep all 10 tees in your left pocket?
– change between easy and difficult shots. Depending on your level it might be enough difficulty to just switch between Iron, Hybrid and Driver. Or add sidehill lies, rough lies, ball in divot combined with easier situations.
-> two things here:
– did you analyse the shot and how to adapt the technique / setup to help solving it? What could you improve in your preparation?
– What happens when you hit a bad shot? Learn to comment more what happened instead of how bad you did (oh, that was a topped one – that one is left of the target etc)
Now start thinking about situations you could include positive self-talk, maybe not only in Golf (#lifehack)
It’s not so much the “will to win” that counts. Everybody has that. It`s more about who has the will to prepare that makes the difference.
- How and why we use modern Video-Software to help you improve your Game of Golf
- As Golf Coaches and PGA Golf Teaching Professionals we always strive for better
- How a new Golfer gets his first Handicap, ideally
- Am I good enough to do the First-Handicap-course?
- Family Golf Clinics in Mallorca are a blast – a description of a tipical week with us
- Distance control in Wedge Play for Golf
- Social Media Post Addition: How to improve your Self-Talk in Golf
- Capdepera – a wonderful place to spend your next Golfing holiday
- How do we teach playing strategy for golf?
- Ryder Cup 2018 European Team Golf Ball – Callaway Chromesoft Truvis
- Why struggle is important in the learning process of golf
- Golf-Fitness during your holidays in Majorca
- A different view on why you hit bad golf shots with your golfswing
- Practice Golf – difference between learning and playing
- How to practice in golf – Training is acquisition and practice is applying
- Clubfitting and repair in our golf school in Majorca
- Why getting better in a golf lesson has several sides
- The beaches of the Balearic Islands
- The best quotes of Tiger Woods
- Our practice facilites
- What can you expect from us
- Use of modern technology in golf lessons
- The Rules of Golf – Provisional Ball
- Hiking trails, walking and biking to see the best of Mallorcas north-east